Friday, December 9, 2011

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Tip For Today: Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005

The Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Tip For Today is a series of short inspirational videos, stories, assignments, or quotes that I hope will inspire you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be every single day.

Today I want to share with you a video of Steve Jobs' Commencement Speech at Stanford in 2005. This video is a little over 14 minutes but I highly suggest you watch and take in the whole thing.

 I am not one of those people who look at it as Apple vs. Microsoft. I am a Microsoft developer (by day) but I love Apple too. When Steve Jobs passed away recently, it brought a tear to my eye. I studied Computer Science in college and I wrote many papers about Steve Jobs and Apple. He has inspired me to pursue a career in technology, an industry that is not chosen by many women.

I have watched this video in the past and it came up in my search for inspirational videos. I knew immediately that I had to post it. Steve Jobs was not only an inspiration in the technology industry, he also had a hand Disney and Pixar as well. When he died, people began comparing him to Walt Disney himself. I can see the comparison. They both created something that has a huge fan base and they both died too early in life.

The part in this video where Steve talks about how he had just beaten cancer made me cry tears of unbelievable sadness. He talks about how that was the closest he has come to facing death and he hopes to be around for decades to come. He only lived for 6 years after that speech. Rest In Peace, Steve.

Does this video inspire you? Join the conversation by leaving a comment! Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment