Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Breakfast at Wilderness Lodge

Today I had the pleasure of starting what I hope will be a new tradition - breakfast at Roaring Forks at Disney's Wilderness Lodge on Christmas Eve. This is our first Christmas as Florida residents so my husband, Jason, and I wanted to do something special. Our friend Jeff suggested specialty waffles at Wilderness Lodge and we were in! Who can resist the classic Christmas ambiance at the Wilderness Lodge - it was the perfect place for Christmas Eve.

As a Florida resident, it is really fun to go to all of the Disney Resorts. It almost makes you feel like you're back on vacation!

wilderness lodge entrance

After meeting our friends Jeff and Amy in the lobby, we let our noses lead the way to Roaring Forks! I was SO excited to be here for the first time!

roaring forks wilderness lodge
roaring forks breakfast menu

When we walked in, I was really happy when the Greeter said "Merry Christmas!" It put me in the good mood I needed to enjoy my specialty waffles! I was torn between the Strawberry and Chocolate waffles but I finally landed on Strawberry YUM!

roaring forks waffle menu

Waffle display case, I wish I had this in my house! Next time I think I will try the chocolate!

roaring fork pastries

I think I need to incorporate this into the logo for this website somehow...

roaring forks food art

My friend Amy displaying the food Vanna White style!

Amy Strawberry Mickey Waffles

Here's a close up of the Strawberry Waffles - SO INCREDIBLY GOOD!!!

roaring forks strawberry waffles

Roaring Forks was a fantastic experience. We went around 10:15AM and it was almost completely empty. We were treated nicely by the staff who all wished us a Merry Christmas. The quality of the Mickey waffles was very good - they were served to us hot, fresh, and DELICIOUS! I will definitely go there again.

After our awesome breakfast, we walked around the Wilderness Lodge a bit - it really put me in the Christmas spirit!

wilderness lodge christmas wreath
wilderness lodge christmas bears

I know this one isn't Christmas related but as it was my first time at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, I had to take a picture of the famous totem pole!

wilderness lodge totem pole
wilderness lodge shop window christmas
wilderness lodge shop window christmas

We walked over to the DVC building and there was barely a soul there. I was amazed it was so empty on Christmas Eve!

wilderness lodge dvc christmas tree
wilderness lodge christmas wreath

We walked into the "train room" and it was completely empty!

wilderness lodge train room
wilderness lodge train room
wilderness lodge walt and roy

We sat in front of the fireplace (which was actually nice since it was only 69 degrees outside - BRR!) and enjoyed each other's company for awhile.

wilderness lodge train room fireplace

Before we left, we had to get a photo in front of the tree in the Wilderness Lodge Lobby. This experience was everything I wanted for my first Christmas Eve as a Florida resident! Thanks to Jason, Amy, and Jeff for sharing the memories with me :)

Christmas Eve 2012

I hope you all have a wonderfully magical Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment